The United States on Friday denounced the recent attacks launched by the Iran-backed Houthi militia against civilian targets in Saudi Arabia.
In a tweet on Friday, the White House National Security Council said; “The United States strongly condemns the Houthi attacks this week against civilian targets in Jeddah and Shuqaiq, Saudi Arabia.”
“The Houthis‘ disregard for the UN’s calls for a ceasefire and dialogue destabilizes the region and hurts the people of Yemen. The Houthis want to tear Yemen apart, not bring it together,” the statement added.
Earlier this week, the Houthi militia fired a missile that struck a Saudi Aramco oil company distribution station in Jeddah.
On Wednesday, an explosion also damaged a Greek-managed tanker in Shuqaiq in Saudi Arabia.
In a statement on Wednesday; the Arab Coalition also said it foiled a terrorist attack that caused minor damage to a commercial vessel.