(FILES) In this file photo taken on April 27, 2020, worshippers perform Isha prayer while keeping distance between them next to the Kaaba in Mecca's Grand Mosque, Islam's holiest site. - Saudi Arabia announced it would hold a "very limited" hajj this year owing to the coronavirus pandemic, with pilgrims already in the kingdom allowed to take part. © AFP/STR

Hajj registration for expats ends

 The registration process for expatriates wishing to perforem Hajj this year ended on Friday as the kingdom braces for holding a limited pilgrimage; due to fears of the new coronavirus. Authorities have announced that 70 percent of this year’s pilgrims will be expatriate residents while the remaining 30 percent will be Saudis. The maximum number...

Continue reading