Saudi Arabia’s minister of health; warned on Sunday of a second COVID-19 wave that could lead to a return to stricter measures.
“The second wave of the pandemic is bigger than the first; and we are not immune to it,” Tawfiq Al-Rabiah said during a press briefing.
The minister called on the importance of adhering to preventative measures to limits the spread of the virus.
“This is a very difficult period and it is imperative that we take the pandemic seriously,” he said; adding that the kingdom did not want to return to stricter measures when the virus first broke out similar to other countries.
The minister echoed calls for public awareness; that he made last week after an uptick in the number of daily coronavirus cases were recorded in Saudi Arabia.