Saudi Arabia's Ministry of Hajj and Umrah said that more than 125,000 people had performed Umrah in the first phase of its return; confirming that no infections had been recorded among pilgrims so far.
"The first phase showed up last Saturday, where we received more than 125,000 pilgrims. The first phase only focused on Umrah, no prayers," said Dr. Amr Al-Maddah, undersecretary; at the Ministry for Hajj and Umrah, adding that the Eatmarna app was availble at more than 2.5 million mobile phones so far.
In an interview with Al-Ekhbariya, he said the Grand Mosque had received 40,000 worshippers and 15,000 pilgrims in the second phase of Umrah.
Al-Maddah emphasized that there was no permit for Umrah and visits except through the app and that people; should be wary of fake apps and platforms that set out to deceive pilgrims.
There are 531 companies and Umrah institutions preparing to receive pilgrims in the third phase to perform Umrah and pray at the Grand Mosque.
The ministry launched the app to help facilitate Umrah for those wishing to visit the Kingdom's holy mosques; amid the ongoing coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic; while maintaining strict health measures throughout the rituals.
The General Presidency for the Affairs of the Two Holy Mosques has allocated special entrances; and a space for prayers on the Grand Mosque's first floors for people with disabilities.
The administration has marked the allocated prayer space with tape to reserve it for people with special needs.