The Arab Coalition on Tuesday intercepted and destroyed a ballistic missile launched by the Iran-backed Houthi militia toward civilian targets in the southwestern Saudi border city of Najran.
Col. Turki Al-Maliki, the Arab coalition spokesperson, stated that the missile launched from the Yemeni city of Saadah.
The Iran-backed militants have targeted Saudi Arabia with 313 ballistic missiles and 357 drones in total, he also added.
On Monday, the Arab coalition said it would take “rigorous measures” to stop Houthi attacks on Saudi Arabia. This is after intercepting drones launched by the militia toward Asir region.
The militants have targeted Najran on Saturday with a ballistic missile and the attack was foiled by the coalition.
Earlier on the same day; the coalition intercepted and destroyed a bomb-laden unmanned Houthi Aerial Vehicle (UAV). It launched toward Khamis Mushayt that was deliberately targeting civilians.
In March, the Royal Saudi Air Defense Forces also intercepted and destroyed two ballistic missiles. The Houthi militia launched toward civilian targets in the cities of Riyadh and Jazan.
Earlier this year, Saudi Arabian Military Industries said it was working on developing a new counter-drone system to protect the Kingdom’s vital infrastructure and military bases.