Rosatom says Russian experts continue return to Iran’s Bushehr nuclear plant
Rosatom chief Alexey Likhachev says Russian experts are steadily returning to Iran’s Bushehr nuclear power plant, with 42 staff now on site.
Key Takeaways
AIAlexey Likhachev, director general of Russia’s state-owned Rosatom, said on Thursday that the return of Russian experts to the Bushehr nuclear power plant in Iran is ongoing, noting that 42 Rosatom employees are currently at the facility.
Likhachev told Russia’s Sputnik news agency: "Overall, the situation is calm, and there have been no concerning incidents at the plant or in its vicinity in recent months. I can proudly say that we now have 42 people at the construction site."
Earlier this month, Likhachev announced that construction of new power unit buildings at the Bushehr nuclear plant is continuing. He said main and auxiliary buildings for the second and third units are under construction, and preparatory work has begun at the water facilities.
